PIC00002Oake originally had a village hall(pictured above) at its centre, next to the village shop and post office and opposite Oake and Bradford County Primary School (pictured above). This corrugated clad hall was built in 1927 on land donated by Frederick Sharland (“The Boss”).

As the village increased in size, mainly due to the building of over forty new houses in Saxon Close, and the original hall was condemned, the community decided to build a larger hall on land adjoining the new housing development.

In 1999 a dedicated Steering Team and Management Committee set to work raising the finances and planning the project.